[Foundation-l] Red category link is unhelpful

Jon Harald Søby jhsoby at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 22:35:51 UTC 2007

Text on a category page is usually unnecessary, yes, but a category page
should always be categorized. An unhierarchical category system is of no use
whatsoever.

Actually, some developer said the same thing that you did a few months ago
(or perhaps more than a year ago, I can't remember), and made all category
links red, and there were a lot of complaints, so it was reverted.

On 4/1/07, Virgil Ierubino <virgil.ierubino at gmail.com> wrote:

> Seen as category pages work even if they DO contain no text, treating them
> in the same way as a nonexistent article is unhelpful (especially to newer
> users who only think they see a broken link). I was thinking that perhaps
> category links could be red if they contain only the page they are linked
> from, blue otherwise. Text on a category page is largely unneeded.
>
> Just an idea. Thanks :).

Jon Harald Søby
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jon_Harald_S%C3%B8by