[Foundation-l] check user...

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 16:44:44 UTC 2007

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007, Sebastian Moleski wrote:

> It might be prudent to use the term "jurisdiction" instead of country if
> we're talking semantic details here. Shouldn't this discussion take place on
> a talk page somewhere?

Weak agreement on this invocation of the Fear Of Law.  Strong agreement
that this discussion should be on a wiki page; see
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:CheckUser_policy

I am generally loathe to use age as a barrier for anything; we should be
clear about where this line is being drawn, and for what reasons.

"This is a very important role" is not a reason to discriminate based on
age.  "This is a role that requires being responsible" is likewise not
appropriate.  "This is a role that requires being legally accountable for
one's actions" is...

SJ