[Foundation-l] check user...

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 13:11:02 UTC 2007

On 3/31/07, Mohamed Magdy <mohamed.m.k at gmail.com> wrote:
> Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> > On 3/30/07, christophe.henner at wikimedia.fr <christophe.henner at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> And reveal there identity publicly.
> >
> > I don't know that publicly is important. I think that revealing it to
> > the foundation is very important.
>
> For trust issues, yes.
>
>    I think that being over 18 is also
> > important.
>
> Why important?

Because people who have checkuser are trusted with information that
could mean they end up in court one day, whether to testify for or
defend the Foundation. As such, they should have the capacity to act
without the consent of their parents.

I believe 18 is a(n almost?) world-wide age at which people attain
majority, and are considered able to act responsibly before the law.

Delphine

--
~notafish