[Foundation-l] Foundation Licensing Policy

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Mar 31 07:54:09 UTC 2007

Ed Sanders wrote:

>Yet we both know there are a substantial number of users (maybe even a
>majority) who appreciate our core principles, but choose to either
>disagree with them, or interpret them as liberally as possible.

These are hardly the same thing.  Those that disagree are judged by how
they deal with that disagreement.  There is absolutely nothing wrong
with a very liberal interpretation of the rules.  I have complaints
about those who would interpret rules as strictly as possible.

>As long as these people stay vocal, and our policies have these
>syntactic loopholes, our preaching is going to have little effect.

Let's hope they remain vocal.  If you don't want syntactic loopholes the
solution is not to write them in.  We can also do without the preachers.

Ec