[Foundation-l] Foundation Licensing Policy

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Tue Mar 27 15:20:45 UTC 2007

On 3/27/07, effe iets anders <effeietsanders at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunate, I can not discover any procedure how an EDP should be
> written. The resolution doesnt state any procedure of approving by the
> Foundation

Intentionally so. It would not be very scalable to have to approve
every single EDP that is ever developed anywhere. Rather, we need to
rely on volunteers from those communities and their periphery to
inform us. I believe we must assume good faith here; if a project
begins developing an EDP, it implies at least that they are thinking
about the issue.

--
Peace & Love,
Erik

"An old, rigid civilization is reluctantly dying. Something new, open,
free and exciting is waking up." -- Ming the Mechanic