[Foundation-l] a tought

Jeffrey V. Merkey jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com
Sun Mar 11 17:08:01 UTC 2007

Florence Devouard wrote:

>maybe because it is sunday...
>
>I was having a look at the press a few minutes ago, and I saw Essjay
>real name plastered everywhere, and referred to a "fake", fired from
>Wikipedia and fired from Wikia.
>
>To be honest, whatever the degree of his mistake, my heart grieves for
>him. He did not deserve to be shamed publicly in this way. I feel very
>very sorry for him.
>
>ant

As long as he learned something from the whole experience, it will make
it worth it. I have lived the past ten years labelled
a "thief, liar, and sabotuer" of Novell's trade secrets. The real facts
are, I quit Novell and made Eric Schmidt look bad, and he went for revenge.
The first couple of years were the hardest. If anything, it will make
him indestructible inside and impervious to the views of others.

I had to succeed in spite of it, he will too. This will make him grow up
early and open doors and opportunities he would never have had
before. It's not all bad.

Jeff