[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Job: Volunteer Coordinator

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 03:26:36 UTC 2007

On 3/1/07, Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:
> On 3/1/07, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I was going to suggest a more global-warming-proof location, given
> > both sea level rise and hurricane issues for St Petersberg
>
> I believe the sea level rise is scheduled to happen slowly enough that
> there will be plenty of time to move, so I assume that's more of a
> joke.

There's a schedule?  All the climatologists and oceanographers and
marine engineers I know want to see it, if you have a copy ;-)

There are some ranges estimated, but nobody knows for sure.
Catastrophic events such as relatively sudden loss of the Greenland
Ice Sheet, or West Antarctic Sheet, would cause a relatively swift
rise.