[Foundation-l] Asking for clarification of licensing policy resolution

Marco Chiesa chiesa.marco at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 14:05:05 UTC 2007

Hi,
on the Italian wikipedia we had the same problem, since the Italian Law
does not really allow fair use as in US law to Wikipedia (it is
generally ok for personal or press use). Therefore we wrote our EDP
requiring that the image fulfills the requirements in the policy
(non-replaceable with a free one, use only in ns-0) and, in the cases
where Italian law does not help us, that we have a permission to use
that image or the image is available with some of not-free-enough
licenses (i.e. the copyright owner has implicitly allowed us to use the
media)

Cruccone