[Foundation-l] Board election endorsements

Robert Leverington lcarsdata at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 18 21:25:09 UTC 2007

The fact that candidates cannot be endorsed until they have been
confirmed is entirely wrong. As it is there is already little time for
endorsements (especially for the later candidates) as endorsement is
closed AT THE SAME TIME AS candidate presentations close and the
confirmation is just making less and less time. It is also unfair that
simply because a member of staff is not in the office candidates are
unable to receive endorsements even though they have submitted there
identity confirmation (although I do not resent Cary taking a day of
vacation which he is entitled to).

This years elections have been full of unnecessary bureaucracy.
Especially in the attitude of the election committee. Therefore I
propose that next year (or this year in fact as the current elections
are a complete shambles) that there is a clear time line to make it
fair for all candidates. I outline it here:

* Candidate presentations and chance to ask questions
* Endorsements and chance to ask questions
* Vote

None of these should overlap and if possible there should be a gap
between them as an amnesty.

Thank you for taking time to read this letter.

--
Robert
http://roberthl.wikitest.co.uk/