[Foundation-l] Elections: a new board for the future

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 14:56:36 UTC 2007

> Jimbo had indicated he would be willing to go for an elected seat next
> year. If so, he would liberate an appointed seat in june.

I would advise against Jimbo standing for election. He would, without
doubt, get elected, so there is really no point and it just removes a
genuine elected position, giving the community less control over the
board. He should just be appointed each time his term expires, as long
as the rest of the board have faith in him (if the community loses
faith in him, then we can expect them to elect people who will oppose
his appointment).