[Foundation-l] Wikipedia Logo - errors

quiddity blanketfort at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 19:01:32 UTC 2007

I posted this to foundation-l and wikipedia-l a week ago, with no
response, so am now reposting to those, plus wikien-l.

*There are at least 2 major character errors in the current Wikipedia
puzzle-globe logo (Devanagari and Japanese), and other minor problems
(antialiasing, misplaced accents, more?).
*[[User talk:Ambuj.Saxena/Wikipedia-logo]] is the most centralized
discussion/link compilation that I know of. (There's even a petition
at that link's projectpage)
*Nohat has explained the problems with correcting the errors. But
noone seems to have a solution.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Ambuj.Saxena/Wikipedia-logo#Changing_this_one_thing_is_not_simple_and_is_not_the_solution
*'''Somebody with patience and brains (there are many
ramifications/implications, from the practical to the legal, to be
considered), and either delegating or computer-graphics skills, needs
to adopt this problem as a personal mission, lest it remain unsolved
for another year'''.

(copied from [[Wikipedia:Village pump (technical)#Wikipedia Logo - errors]].)

It's been mentioned at various VPump pages, relevant userpages, and
metapages, over the past few months, to no avail. I'm not sure
how/where else to get this issue the attention it seems to need (and I
don't have the background to spearhead the effort). Any assistance
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Quiddity