[Foundation-l] Alternative approach for better video support

Daniel Arnold arnomane at gmx.de
Mon Jul 23 12:43:58 UTC 2007

On Monday 23 July 2007 14:19:21 Anthony wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can download a tarball of all commons images?

There is none as already pointed out in my initial mail of this thread. See
this mail for reasons why there is no file tarball available yet.

The only file "tarball" (in fact zenoreader format) you can get are very few
selected images of the de.wikipedia (just: 2.9 GB, a tiny fraction compared
to the full media repository), see http://dvd.wikimedia.org/

This tarball download problem was exactly one reason for writing my
alternative proposal here and is clearly adressed there...

Cheers, Arnomane