[Foundation-l] Notice of the results of the WMF Board of Trustees election

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 17:03:39 UTC 2007

On 7/14/07, GerardM <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hoi,
> For your comprehension:
> at arm's length: Avoiding a close relationship
>
> For the comprehension of others:
> gibberish: speech or writing that is unintelligible, incoherent or
> meaningless
>
> So what I understand is that you either fail to understand is that there
> are
> good reasons why chapters should want to keep their distance from the WMF
> projects or that you disagree but do not say so. Please inform us what is
> correct..

There are reasons to avoid legal liability for onwiki action. Period. That
is
a good thing to do. Period.

There is no good reason for chapters to keep their distance from WMF
projects. Period.

To suggest there are good reasons for chapters to keep their distance from
WMF
projects is incomprehensible, illogical, impossible in the utmost, and
totally
unfathomable in the absolute. Period.

Since you wish to be informed of what is correct (notice you are still using
the royal "we"); let me inform you of something you may not have noticed,
namely that the chapters almost solely consist of editors *from* the WMF
projects. Saying that the chapters should stay at arms lenght from the
WMF projects is like saying that a Centipede should stay an arms length
from it's legs.