[Foundation-l] Notice of the results of the WMF Board of Trustees election

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 12 22:00:04 UTC 2007

Thank you Philippe,

Well, let me state that I am very pleased by the people chosen by the
community. Each year, I fear the worse. And each year... the community
makes a very good choice ;-)
It gives me a sort of fuzzy warm feeling.

I am very happy to go on working with Erik and Kat. They were both very
good board members in the past months, and I am very happy you chose to
extend their term.
I am delighted to see Frieda join. Because she is already quite involved
in the wikimedia movement. Because she is italian, so is a further proof
of our internationality. Because she is a woman (but that is my own
personal bias). Welcome Frieda !

Let me express personal regrets to Oscar and Michael in particular.
Thanks to all candidates anyway.

Three more thank yous.

First to the election team, for the rather intensive work they provided,
the quality of the organization, and the serenity in front of criticism.
Second, to Software in Public Interest, which helped us greatly this
year, in providing a safe and private voting space
And third to Jan-Bart, who was the contact board member for these
elections. Great work and thank you to you as well JB.

---------

What are the next steps ?

Well, the board already approved the elections by majority. The
resolutions will be published shortly, but they really say nothing
special other than "Kat and Erik will continue be part of the board till
14th of july 2009"

and

The Board shall invite Frieda Brioschi to join the Board on July 12th,
2007 for a term that expires on July 14, 2009.
Frieda Brioschi will become a Board member upon notification to the
Board that she accepts the position.
Oscar van Dillen will leave the Board effective upon Frieda Brioschi's
acceptance of the position.

Asap Frieda gives us the go, she will be added to the board lists and
board wiki.

Please join me in thanking Oscar for his hard work in the past few months.

--------

The next face to face meeting time of the board is planned 1-2 of august
2007, immediately prior to Wikimania.
The board, the advisory board, Oscar and Sue will join a board retreat
for 2 days. This will be an opportunity for Frieda to "get in the bath",
as well as an opportunity for Oscar to share his experience as former
board member, and an opportunity to meet and share with the advisory
board members.
This retreat is co-organized by Angela (former board member), Achal
(advisory board member), Manon (facilitator) and myself.

Anthere

Philippe Beaudette wrote:
> The Wikimedia Board Election Steering Committee hereby gives notice of the results of the 2007 Board of Trustees election. The winners are Erik Möller, Kat Walsh and Frieda Brioschi.  They are known also by the usernames Eloquence, Mindspillage and Frieda respectively. The Board of Trustees endorses the results and appoints Möller, Walsh and Brioschi effective today, on July 12, 2007. Erik and Kathleen will continue on the board for another term.  Brioschi will be invited to join the Board, effective today. The term to which Möller, Walsh and Brioschi are appointed will end with the regular 2009 election.
>

> In total, 4170 valid single ballots were cast and accepted; the specific results are as follows:
>
> 1. Eloquence (Erik Möller)         1671 votes2.
Mindspillage (Kathleen Walsh)        1427 votes3.
Frieda (Frieda Brioschi)             1254 votes4.
Oscar (Oscar van Dillen)             1234 votes5.
Michael Snow                         1229 votes6.
Danny (Danny Wool)                   1217 votes7.
Yann (Yann Forget)                   1153 votes8.
Kim Bruning                          1124 votes9.
UninvitedCompany (Steve Dunlop)      1047 votes10.
Kate (River Tarnell)                 889 votes11.
Kingboyk (Stephen Kennedy)           864 votes12.
Ausir (Pawel Dembowski)              693 votes13.
^demon (Michael "Chad" Horohoe)      672 votes14.
WarX (Artur Jan Fijalkowski)         571 votes15.
DragonFire1024 (Jason Safoutin)      495 votes

We would like to take this opportunity to give our thanks to all the
candidates. We, on behalf of the community, appreciate the frank and
honest debate. We further thank all of the voters who participated in
this election as well as the developers, translators, and others who
supported and promoted the election.