[Foundation-l] Fwd: Wikimedia Pennsylvania

THURNER rupert rupert.thurner at wikimedia.ch
Wed Jul 11 23:44:31 UTC 2007

in irc, url's, mailing-list you use "pa", like "de", "pl", "fr". everything
is iso country code, but "pa" should not be? imo this is bad practice. not
many people outside the us is aware what pa means, and this is 95% of the
worlds population.

is there any possibility to vote for "leave iso country codes for countries"
or "do not discriminate poors in advance"?

as there seems to be some misunderstanding about "why do chapters exist":
in europe it was mostly a legal thing, for tax exemption, bank transfers,
but also to "have a phone number which might be called". and especially in
germany this is used heavily. btw, germany is three times california and
four times texas, florida, ny. france two times texas  ... as its not trees
who are calling but people ;)

rupert.