[Foundation-l] Will the Board accept the election result?

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 20:59:13 UTC 2007

Hoi,
There is nothing new in what I have said about Danny, I said the same thing
from the moment that he announced that he was going to run. This is also not
an election that is run under UK laws, the election is not run under any
election laws except for the rules as published by the WMF.

The reason why I object to Danny is because of my personal dealings with
Danny. These and other things I have learned, observed make him a person
that is in my honest opinion not the right person for the function of board
member of the WMF.

I do not smear Danny against any other candidate, the direct dealings I have
had are of a sufficient gravitas that I have no need to make comparisons.
The point that I have been making is that THIS candidate is not the best for
the job. Also sincerity does not make for sterling arguments why someone
should run. I have explicitly asked for Danny's motivation why he should
run. These questions have not been answered.

In conclusion, what you wrote does misrepresent the situation and as such it
deserves a rebuttal.

Thanks,
    GerardM