[Foundation-l] translation and the GFDL

geni geniice at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 17:37:54 UTC 2007

> I'm not saying that CC will improve the situation.  Trying to adapt it
> to the laws of different countries could easily lead to more
> jurisdiction shopping.

CC does that all the time.

> I know of no rule that forbids us from translating turkish language
> articles.  What do you know about Turkish law?

Not a vast amount. I would assume it is based on otterman but highly modified.

Has some pretty solid moral rights laws although how solid will depend
on case law which I don't know.

Section 58 may cause some issue in some cases (although we should be
warned in time to take action if someone tries to use that section)

Fair use equiv appears to be right of borrowing.

Doesn't really matter see.

Tr.wikipedia is under the GNU Özgür Belgeleme Lisansı. En.wikipedia is
under the  GNU Free Documentation License.

Turkish law does view translations as derivatives.

--
geni