[Foundation-l] for the future...

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 02:17:53 UTC 2007

On 7/5/07, oscar van dillen <oscarvandillen at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> On 7/4/07, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> <snip>
>
> I have a slight concern that we may end up a bit English heavy in the
> > results..
> <snip>

Please finish the quote:
"I have a slight concern that we may end up a bit English heavy in the
results.. but not much of one: If enwiki had the same relative turnout
... and we're currently a long way from that."

Please be more courteous in your quoting. It really does bother me
when people make very selective quotes. Consider it a quirk of mine if
you must, but this is the second time I've felt the need to point this
out to you in two days.

As it stands I don't have any real concern about material
over-representation now, though I have not seen fr or es data. English
buildup has leveled off. I haven't been sending any more mails for
some time, I stopped somewhat prematurely on English.

I was asked to send mail to the Frwikipedia community, a letter has
been drafted, and I intend to do so as soon as I have the data to
so.... probably sometime in the next few hours.

I do not understand the purpose of the rest of your questions. Can you
help me understand so I can help give you the best and most accurate
answers?

I now have live election progress information being posted, updated
every 10 minutes or so:

http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/election_analysis/ivote3/

Only the three GRAPH_ png files are likely to be interesting to
people... but the directory also contains all the data used to
generate the graphs and the software I wrote to generate the data.

The data is preliminary, I have not thoroughly checked the output for
errors at this time, in particular I am likely counting some stricken
votes as real because the methods used for striking votes appear
inconsistent. The source is available so that anyone interested can
check my work.