[Foundation-l] Fair Use (again)

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 21:44:19 UTC 2007

On 1/29/07, The Cunctator <cunctator at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/29/technology/29wikipedia.html

If the first case is the one I think it is she was reprimanded for
doing so (in any case the she didn't take the stuff directly from
wikipedia but one of our mirrors). Again they were looking for
information. If wikipedia tried to campaign to change fair use law it
is safe to assume it will not be cited in the area of copyright law.

Furthermore if you look at threads on partisan forums people basically
say while they will use wikipedia they are careful not to let it
impact their biases.

--
geni