[Foundation-l] Comparison of new user welcome efforts across projects

Roberto Alfonso rpgrca at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 01:48:29 UTC 2007

Just a thought:

I am member of over 20 different Wikipedias, and while I have no
problems with English and Spanish, little problem with Japanese, and
can understand several other languages although not well enough to
write in them (Italian, Portuguese, French, etc), only very few
Wikipedias give an "If you don't understand XXXX, see here". I believe
users from all Wikipedias should group together to create messages for
every Wikipedia in as many languages as possible, that would really
help new and existing users, especially with instructions about simple
common tasks (interwikis, speedy deletion messages, administrator's
noticeboard, etc).

Not something we can solve at a "software" level, but at a "community" level.

RB