[Foundation-l] Chapters Coordinator!

oscar van dillen oscarvandillen at wikimedia.org
Thu Feb 1 16:49:13 UTC 2007

Dear all,

In the Frankfurt retreat of October 2007 (see
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Report_from_Frankfurt_-_October_2006/en
) it was envisioned that someone should be charged with the fostering of
relationships between Chapters and Foundation as well as with the developing
of Chapters and related activities. This is actually a job which has been
developed, and officially been done for quite a while already, by Delphine
Ménard, as you all may know.

On the current path of stabilizing and professionalizing the organization,
the Wikimedia Foundation has decided to now hire Delphine Ménard as Chapters
Coordinator (part-time), starting as of today, February 1st, 2007. It is my
honor, as board member especially responsible for relationships with
chapters, to announce this to you.

Since it is a bit pointless to welcome someone already so involved in
Wikimedia, please allow me to express my warmest congratulations to
Delphine, I am looking forward to a fruitful cooperation :-)

Best regards,
Oscar

Oscar van Dillen
Wikimedia Foundation