[Foundation-l] A dangerous precedent

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 17:54:11 UTC 2007

As well as Henning Schlottmann wrote:

> > 2) Rossana, municipality in Piedmnot, Italy [3]
> >
> > - German - bot generated article.
>
> wrong. This article is written (and started) by humans, we don't have
> bot generated content on de-WP.

I know that Germans are hard workers, but, if this [1] was *really*
done by a human, don't assume that the rest of us are the same
fanatics. Being awake for 29 hours and all of that time working on
Wikipedia is too much for people who want to sleep a couple of hours
per day.

BTW, Henning, I would like to think that you just didn't know for that.

> Second, stop throwing around nonsense about "personal problems". The
> difference is clear: Volapuk is a language with no native speakers and
> the wiki is 99.99% bot-generated *by a single person*, the other
> languages you list have millions of native speakers and the overwhelming
> majority of the content was added by hand, by thousands if not millions
> of contributors. Can you really not see the difference, and that it is
> not the mission of the Wikimedia Foundation to host people's personal
> projects for them?

Please, stop with poetic hyperbolas. This is not a place for poetry.
You may use your blog or some Wikia for that.

- 0.01% of 100.000 is 10. Please, read some statistics [2] before
expressing such bold "facts".
- "if not millions" is also a poetic nonsense. Please, read some
statistics [2] before expressing such bold "facts".

Also, you are telling me that only cultures with "millions of
speakers" deserves to have good source of informations? Because of
respect toward hard times in the not so distant history of your
country, I wouldn't say here the right word for your position. I am
just really happy to see that no one from WM DE is involved in this.

(During writing this email, Henning's email came and even I wanted to
move discussion out of this vicious circle, but after reading such
ignorant content I am simply not able to do that now. Maybe I'll write
some mail which is related to bot usage and seeking consensus all over
the Wikimedian communities in the next couple of days.)

[1] - http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Spezial:Beiträge&offset=20051006214136&limit=500&target=Floriang
[2] - http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Statistics