[Foundation-l] A dangerous precedent

Daniel Arnold arnomane at gmx.de
Fri Dec 28 21:23:16 UTC 2007

Am Freitag, 28. Dezember 2007 19:12:51 schrieb Gerard Meijssen:
> [...] and the notion that an article without a
> sentence can be informative is impossible to you.

An encyclopedia article without a full sentence is indeed not able to be
informative. I really don't want to discuss this trivial fact. Otherwise we
will never get far.

>. You are of the opinion that the Interwiki system is undermined by what you
> indicate as the Volapuk "articles" but you provide no arguments for this
> opinion whatsoever; it is an article of faith, your faith.

Hm. I honestly don't know what I should answer in order to make a concrete
problem more concrete.

Maybe a single example (I know this one can be fixed quick, but there are
thousands of articles with the same defect):
http://vo.wikipedia.org/wiki/Férin Looks like if the Smeirabot went a bit
crazy and forgot to write any real sentence in there. But sure the interwikis
from the other wikipedias to this "article" don't undermine the interwiki
system at all. Sure...

> What you should do is try to understand what the
> Volapuk Wikipedia, and for that matter similar projects, aims to achieve.

They (no *he*!) want to promote Volapük as a language and attrac new editors
with this edit cheating. Thats it. Nothing more. Smeira admitted this.
http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Proposals_for_closing_projects%2FClosure_of_Volap%C3%BCk_Wikipedia&diff=707639&oldid=706939

This is also a typical comment of him. Full of cloudy lenghty sentences, wild
questioning and other techniques just in order to make the debate diffuse.

Arnomane