[Foundation-l] Future board elections

Florence Devouard anthere at anthere.org
Sat Dec 22 10:08:32 UTC 2007

The board recently agreed to expand the board up to 11 people.

Some of the board seats will be up for elections, including mine. I am
not sure yet how many seats will be available, this will be clarified in
the following weeks. But it seems clear there will be at least 3 seats.

I wanted to give you a pre-position on this matter.

In june 2008, I will complete 4 years on the board, including 1 year and
a half as chair.

I stopped working just 2 years ago, immediately before the birth of my
third child. I now wish to officially be in activity again (meaning:
working for a salary :-)). A month and a half ago, I registered myself
as looking for a job (http://www.anpe.fr/) and am every week meeting
professionals to work on my professional project.
And to be fair, I am not really sure how compatible it is to manage
family/WMF/job.
I also think I may be able to help the projects by continuing my
activity within Wikimedia France and indicated some time ago, my
interest for being a candidate at the next board election (january or
february 08).

As such, I would be happy to start the discussion as to who would be
interested/willing joining the board of WMF (as appointed or as
elected), and who would be potentially interested in the role of chair
in the future.

Meanwhile, I go on holidays :-) (good food, good wine, cheers, presents,
compliments and generally good will and good feelings)

Cheers

Ant