[Foundation-l] Erik's New Job

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Thu Dec 20 02:59:30 UTC 2007

On 12/19/07, Andrew Whitworth <wknight8111 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Even Erik, who was
> elected to the board by the community on a platform of better
> transparency and communication could have said "I am entertaining the
> idea of dropping my other commitments (including possibly resigning
> from the board and quitting my current job) so that I can focus my
> attention on Wikimedia full-time".

You know when my parents heard about this? Last week. Whether I would
take this position depended upon a bunch of stuff, including the
approval of my visa, and there was no point in publicly speculating
about what I might or might not do when the end result wasn't certain
at all. I'm all about sharing, but I don't intend to share with
foundation-l before I talk to my mom & dad. ;-)

> Instead of people accusing you of
> this or that underhanded dealing, you would have been received as a
> hero.

In our community, the line between hero and villain blurs easily. It
sometimes reminds me of pro wrestling. :-)

Best,
Erik