[Foundation-l] Foundation Discretion on Personnel Matters

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 13:53:21 UTC 2007

> > Does any organisation complete audits quicker than "months"?
>
> Umm, yes.  The vast majority of them do.  If you have clean books and
> good records, an audit isn't that big of a deal.
>
> > They take a long time.
>
> Do you have any idea what you're talking about here?

Admittedly, I don't know much about organisations the foundation's
size, but large companies (that give public reports, hence me knowing
about them) often take months to get their end of year reports out.
Just take a look at the date on the SEC filings (or equiv) and compare
to the date of the end of the year. There is a big gap. (If memory
serves, the SEC allows 90 days to file at the end of the year, but I
wouldn't swear by it.)