[Foundation-l] Foundation Discretion Regarding Personnel

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 13:04:37 UTC 2007

> We did not have the information in the Register article until they
> actually ran the article.  I was stunned when I read it.  Therefore, it
> was impossible for us to "break the story" ourselves.

They must have given you a general idea of the story when they were
interviewing Mike. You can't ask "Were you aware of Mrs. Doran's
criminal record?" without revealing the fact that she has a criminal
record... As soon as Mike was asked that question the foundation
should have done their own investigation and then broken the story. It
would have taken a couple of hours to get enough information together
to spoil The Register's scoop.