[Foundation-l] Foundation Discretion on Personnel Matters

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sat Dec 15 07:14:41 UTC 2007

Mike Godwin wrote:
> I wholly agree with Florence on this point, especially the
> "Unfortunately" part.   My own inclination is to be as upfront and
> open as possible. So when you see me cautioning against public
> statements, you should infer that it's for some compelling legal
> reason, and not out of disregard for the importance of community
> information and participation.

Agreed.  And I ask people to remember that this is our baby, all of us,
and we have literally poured our lives into it.  We care about it deeply
and we are very saddened and hurt by these shocking revelations.

Of course we are doing soul searching about what we could have done
different, and so forth.

I have decided to get out in front of the issue by pledging to cover,
personally, any losses due to theft if that turns up in the audit. I do
not think that will come to anything, but I stand ready to make sure
that it does.  It is the only thing I know of that I can do to help at
this point in reassuring everyone that this is a non-story in the end.

--Jimbo