[Foundation-l] Interview transcription

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Sun Aug 12 21:58:16 UTC 2007

We've published our first article from this interview.

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews_interviews:_Tony_Benn_on_U.K._politics

There have been offers of help on transcribing the interview, we still need
those skills - what has been done do far turns into one article and is about
5-10 minutes out of a 40 minute interview.

Among the purposes for doing this is building a portfolio for the wiki. If
we can say "so-and-so spoke to us and we wrote foo", add things like we have
30k+ on the RSS feed, and get a little bit of notice then more people will
talk to us. I believe our New Zealand contributors managed to land an
interview with the man most likely to be the country's next PM. That was
prior to his serious candidacy, but you never can tell - these people might
remember us and help get passes to appropriate places.

Wikiquote).

Brian.