[Foundation-l] Alternative to paypal

Sue Gardner sgardner at wikimedia.org
Sun Aug 12 18:05:44 UTC 2007

Hi folks,

I’ve been following this conversation with interest, since it
parallels a similar one we're starting to have at the office. And the
considerations mentioned here are the ones we’ve been talking about
too: usability/accessibility, financial implications (i.e.,
commissions and other overhead), wanting to support multiple avenues
for donation versus the risk of clutter, the cost of switching, etc.

What we actually need, I think, is a survey of the available options,
laying out the pros and cons of each. I’ve seen a couple of these
online –for example, here
http://www.idealware.org/donations/intro.php- but they are all pretty
dated.

If anyone’s seen anything that's more recent, I’d love to know about
it - otherwise, we will likely end up commissioning something specific
for us.  Although I doubt that will happen prior to the next fundraiser.

Thanks,
Sue