[Foundation-l] could we please have a community-l?

Gianluigi Gamba gigamb at tin.it
Sat Aug 11 08:22:44 UTC 2007

2007/8/11, Brianna Laugher <brianna.laugher at gmail.com>:

> ...Well that's fine. The name is not of great importance to me. I just
> want some infrastructure to exist.

In a sense, it already does exist.

The "village pumps" and the "embassies" (or their equivalent) of every
wikiproject are the right place for posting questions about policy
comparisons, suggestion about wiki-activities, and so on... meta itself *is*
the place where try to coordinate globally.

The main difference is that such wiki-spaces are completely public and
trasparent, meanwhile a mailing list requires a subscription. But the topics
given as example IMHO do not require secrecy. Should a topic be handled in a
non-wholly-public place, there are the already existing mailing lists...

Bye,
G.