[Foundation-l] could we please have a community-l?

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 01:11:52 UTC 2007

On 11/08/07, cohesion <cohesion at sleepyhead.org> wrote:
> On 8/10/07, Mitchell <mduce at mts.net> wrote:
> > How about "Topics corresponding to Wikimedia projects in general, but not
> > decisions related to the Wikimedia Foundation"? Also, would a better name
> > for this list be wikimedia-l?
>
> Hey, Japanese wikipedia, what are your experiences with non-free media
> content? Do you allow it? Roughly what percentage of images would you
> say are non-free?
>
> There's a good example of a real question I would like to ask :)

Yes. And not just Japanese Wikipedia - any project.

- Hi, I'm trying to help my wiki in language X grow, do you have any
ideas about how to do it?
- Hi Wikimedians, do you think 3RR should be a policy on every wiki?
Why or why not?
- Hi other projects, I'm curious to get impressions about how other
projects deal with 'difficult users'. We have a user who does X and we
don't quite want to block him, because he makes useful edits, but the
way he relates to other people is causing friction. any ideas?

Actually I think the question is what should go on the foundation-l
list, not the other way around. Of the last 20 topics or so only a few
should really be for the Board: EDP, paypal, checkuser stuff.

Brianna

http://modernthings.org/