[Foundation-l] Exemption Doctrine Policy

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 04:33:34 UTC 2007

Hoi,
Out of curiosity, the board insists on an "exemption doctrine policy" for
those Wiki projects that insist to make exemptions and include data that
does not conform to the official policy that has otherwise to be complied
with. As there are legal implications to not conforming to the official
policy, a risc is created that makes the WMF vulnerable to legal
proceedings. As the existence is officially mandated, the WMF seems to take
responsibility for these policies.

How can the WMF take the responsibility for "exemption doctrine policies"
when they are not written down and as a consequence cannot be checked
against pertinent laws in pertinent countries ??

Thanks,
    GerardM