[Foundation-l] KDE and Wikiversity

Cormac Lawler cormaggio at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 22:43:00 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I just thought I'd let you know that I'm meeting (informally) with a couple
of people from KDE [1] at their upcoming conference [2] in Dublin - about
Wikiversity. (Well, actually, we're meeting this Friday, the day before the
conference officially begins, but that's the only day that suits.) From
what I gather, they're thinking of using Wikiversity as a training
centre/programme for their developers - which sounds like a very practical
application for Wikiversity (and applicable to MediaWiki development also),
so we'll see what comes out of it. I'm really just there as a person to
explain to them what Wikiversity is and what it could be used for, but,
since I'm not very technically minded, any ideas or things to bear in mind
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cormac / Cormaggio

[1] http://www.kde.org/