[Foundation-l] Angela, a little word on the en:wp CVU ...

Daniel Arnold Arnomane at gmx.de
Sun Sep 3 18:15:32 UTC 2006

Hi,

Although there is no official decission yet wether these images will be authorized by the Foundation some Wikimedians felt unhappy with them and they thus were speedy deleted by commons:User:AlisonW with the reason that they are unauthorized.

As this affects many "unauthorized" images sitting below
* Category:CopyrightByWikimedia
* and as the situation is unclear

I have restored the files, did overwrite them with a cross (so that it can't be used in a way the Foundation potentially could harm, as they are still linked a lot on many pages) and transformed the matter into a normal deletion request. That way we can come to a more general solution on that matter in Commons for the future (I don't want to have that debate again and again) and everyone interested can have a look in order to be able making an own decission.

As well that speedy deleted images are still used a lot and people would have probably uploaded them (or very similar images) locally without knowing that there is a debate going on and so the matter would have come up again locally. With the help of the CommonsTicker local people will hopefully be alerted as well that there are certain things that need to be taken care of and can give feedback (Note: I never did participate in the w:en:Wikipedia:Counter_Vandalism_Unit and never did care about it).

So please join:
 http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests#Wikipedia:Counter_Vandalism_Unit_images

Cheers, Arnomane