[Foundation-l] Board officers elected; Anthere is Chair!

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Fri Oct 27 20:57:19 UTC 2006

I have been asked to announce this in my new formal officer role as
Executive Secretary:

The Wikimedia Board met in Frankfurt, Germany on October 22,
immediately following a planning retreat attended by the Board and
more than 20 members of the Wikimedia community.  The Board voted
unanimously to elect Florence Devouard as the Chair of the Board, Tim
Shell as Vice-Chair, Erik Möller as Executive Secretary, and Michael
Davis as Treasurer.  Jimmy Wales assumes the title of Chairman
Emeritus of the Foundation.

Jimmy Wales said: "I nominated Florence to be the chair of the
foundation in recognition of her outstanding service for the past few
years and her unsurpassed passion for our goals.  Having such a
trusted community representative elected as our new chair demonstrates
the growth and strength of our organization."

 - - - -

For reference, the resolution:

The Board resolved that, from the 21 of October and for a term of one
year at most, as defined in the bylaws:

Motion by Jimmy Wales, following discussion, the Board consensus
resulted in the following officers:

   1. Florence Devouard shall be the chair of the board of trustees
   2. Tim Shell shall be the vice-chair
   3. Michael Davis shall be the treasurer
   4. Erik Moeller shall be the executive secretary

Jimmy Wales shall assume the title of Chairman Emeritus of the Foundation.

Approved unanimously at the board meeting - 21 october 2006

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Officers_election_2006

The current legal responsibilities of the different officers of the
Board are defined in the bylaws:

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_bylaws
--
Peace & Love,
Erik

Member, Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees

DISCLAIMER: Unless otherwise stated, all views or opinions expressed
in this message are solely my own and do not represent an official
position of the Wikimedia Foundation or its Board of Trustees.