[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation to make a donation to FreeNode

Anthere Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 3 09:40:17 UTC 2006

The Wikimedia Foundation will make next week a one-time donation of USD
5,000 dollars to the Peer-Directed Project Center, the non-profit
organization which operates FreeNode
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freenode).

This donation recognizes the tremendous value of online chat to the
Wikimedia community, on the level of projects, languages and chapters,
as well as to the Foundation itself. We hope it will help the servers to
keep running smoothly :-)

For directions to use irc and freenode network to communicate with other
wikimedians: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC.

We also renew our condoleances for the death, 2 months ago, of FreeNode
founder, aka Lilo.

Florence Devouard
Wikimedia Foundation, chair