[Foundation-l] Domains

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 6 12:49:07 UTC 2006

Konstantinos wrote:

Hi Konstantinos

> Since http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Domain_names and
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Squatted_Wikimedia_domains have been moved to
> internal wiki (wrong
imho), I post these he
re:

> * wikipedia.gr has been squatted and is for sale at sedoparking.com.
> * wikimedia.gr has been bought by myself and is a portal to wikimedia
> projects (when there is a project in greek language, it links to that one)
> * βικιπαιδεια.gr (wikipedia in greek)  has been bought by myself and is a
> redirect to el.wikipedia.org
>
> I will do anything that is suggested by the Foundation with these domains.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Konstantinos Stampoulis
> [[User:Geraki]]
> [el.wikipedia (s&b), el.wikisource (s&b),  meta, commons]

Well, it has been moved to internal, because it may be quite damaging to
write publicly which domains we own, which ones we would like to
purchase one day in the future, as well as to publicly discuss how we
intend to retrieve lost domains.

This said, I agree with you that it is a problem for those of you who
are willing to help and secure domains.

We are right now setting up a task force to be in charge of all this. I
expect announcement in the next few days. You'll have the opportunity to
directly communicate with the people in charge.

Meanwhile, I copy your comments on internal.

Thanks a lot.

Anthere