[Foundation-l] 9/11 wikipedia

Robert Scott Horning robert_horning at netzero.net
Thu Jan 19 14:02:39 UTC 2006

gediza at gmail.com wrote:

>9-11 wikipedia needs to be moved. I can understand why its usefull and why
>it should be kept. I lost people I know in the incident as well. However it
>is impractical to have a memorial wikipedia in wikipedia/wikimedia namespace
>which is about human knowlege. How people feel about 9/11 is not knowlege.
>
>Anyways vote is avalible at:
>http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/9/11_wiki_move_proposal
>                          Cool Cat

A couple of points to note:  There are competing pages at the moment to
decide exactly what to do with the 9/11 Memorial Wiki.  For example,
this page has been moved all over the place from Wikipedia to a VfD page
on Meta and to the Babel pages and more:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Sep11wiki/Request for deletion

Which page is more appropriate to deal with this issue?  A notice needs to go to all major Wikimedia projects and turn this into a vote for all Wikimedia users somehow, with a notice on the front page of Meta as well.  This is an issue that has been kicking around for some time and the general concensus is to shut down this project in some manner, but exactly how is yet another story.  I am arguing that some consistant forum needs to be established to get this issue decided once and for all.

--
Robert Scott Horning