[Foundation-l] Advertisement

Teun Spaans teun.spaans at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 22:07:43 UTC 2006

Sorry, Birgitte. It may be that this mailinglist is intended as  the
communication channel between the foundation and the community, but I dont
think it works very well. The reactions here show most, if not all, people
were taken by surprise. Which in itself shows this mailing list doesnt
provide

To blame the people for not reading this mailing list is imho opinion the
wrong approach.

Perhaps a bot posting sensitive messages into every village pump, simply in
english, would be a solution.

Most posts here are not very interesting to the avergae wikipedian. The
summary indeed , but doesnt mention Virgins name: "our anonymous donor's
decision".  I dont see any mention of a sitenotice before dec 20. That's
about a week in advance.

Please dont misunderstand me: I dont say we shouldnt have taken the gift. I
appreciate their gift, and 60K/day is a large amount. But timely
communication would have prevented a lot of misunderstanding. Of course then
too some people would have recated vehemently, but it would have been easier
to explain.

teun