[Foundation-l] Be bold!

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Fri Dec 29 21:08:59 UTC 2006

On 12/29/06, Michiel Bontenbal <wikipedia.bontenbal at gmail.com wrote:
> Don't give in to demands from sponsors or donors, don't give in to the
> principle of independence, not just a tiny little bit.

We should also not give in to dogma, or to those who shout the loudest
and complain the longest, for that is not democracy. We should
continue to have a reasoned debate about the best fundraising
strategies, and consult and involve the community in this process as
much as possible.

There are those who have values, but no reason.
There are those who have reason, but no values.
If we are to succeed, we need both. Senseless passion can be as
dangerous as heartless calculation.
--
Peace & Love,
Erik