[Foundation-l] This is not an Advertisement

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 14:07:39 UTC 2006

On 29/12/06, Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> If we are going to reach for a definition of what our community is, I do not think it would be
> hubris to say that it includes everybody who helps us toward our goal of making free content
> available to everybody in the world in a language they can understand. That would certainly
> include all editors but also includes everybody who donates or even those who spread the word
> about our projects and our goals. Extending that to all regular readers is not much of a leap
> since they are sharing in the proceeds of our goal and furthering it just by tuning in and giving
> our editors a practical reason to edit well.

I must say, it feels really good knowing my work is useful to others.
I repeat once more what a buzz it was seeing sentences I'd written in
[[:en:Xenu]] reused in literally every news report on Tom Cruise
around mid-2005 ...

One thing I've been doing when shilling for the fund drive is add "If
you want to give something back but haven't got money, you could give
photos or writing instead." I don't know if adding that to the fund
drive page would overly distract from the important message, i.e. that
we're on the bones of our arse and NEED MONEY NOW. One to consider
between fundraisers, perhaps.

- d.