[Foundation-l] new site notice now ready

Domas Mituzas midom.lists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 21:42:41 UTC 2006

Hi!

> What about just the images?  They take up a lot of storage space, and
> a lot of bandwidth.  How much could be saved just by distributing
> those?

'lots of storage space' for images isn't that true, just few
terabytes. they're pretty easily cached, and often live outside our
datacenter. so, not much could be saved. when we buy servers, we
usually end up buying application and db boxen, which are used to
produce the dynamic content.

> You seem to be coming at the problem with a defeatist attitude.  With
> that attitude yes, it is impossible.

"defeatist" and "realist" don't have that much of differences in
letters.
maybe I've spent too much time in industry :( I should try some
liberal arts, gardening, quantum physics, and then return to systems
with fresh insights.

say... we have lots of flowers.... :)

--
Domas Mituzas -- http://dammit.lt/ -- [[user:midom]]