[Foundation-l] "By electing some of the Board members, who are really few"...

Gatto Nero gattonero at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 18:52:34 UTC 2006

I'm sorry not to agree totally with you, but I think there's a
misunderstanding too.
I cannot explain which (headache doesn't help), but there's.

You said: 4 of 7 members, 5 of 7 members. Nice, but that's not 7 of 7,
and I think this is the first problem.
I really appreciate the contribution of Jan-Bart and Michael, but they
are "outsiders" (as you described them), and I cannot understand why
"outsiders" should be part of a board, then. They could be "outsider
helps".

Going on.
Jimbo is more simbolic. Yet he's *very* important and he *must* be
part of the Board, as far as I think. But he's not that representative
of... for example, Chinese Community or European Community.
This makes 4 members remaining.

Four members for *a lot* of editors. Quite few, proportionally.
Local communities are not represented: what about spanish community?
what about italian, or polish, or south-african community?
Don't get it as an offense or an attact, but I don't think you
represent me. I've no way to interact with you, to express my opinion.
I quite don't even know you.

I think there's a problem in the way the Foundation is organized: we
are *big*, and we should start to think bigger.
What does this means? For example, more voice to local chapters,
intended as an intermidiate organism between Foundation and local
communities...