[Foundation-l] On hard-to-read usernames

Titoxd@Wikimedia titoxd.wikimedia at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 20:37:51 UTC 2006

There's also the other proposal I made, and which no one has objected to
[yet]:

In diff pages and histories, perhaps instead of having

* Titoxd (John Doe | Talk | contribs | block) m (reverted edits by Titoxd
(talk) to last version by Brion VIBBER)

Have something similar to
* Titoxd (en_wikipedia | Talk | contribs | block) m (reverted edits by
Titoxd (talk) to last version by Brion VIBBER)

With the en_wikipedia pointing to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Titoxd,
Special:Listusers, or perhaps even a combination report of the block log and
the Listusers display (to show whether a user is a sysop, or if he has been
blocked in his home wiki).

This could be coupled with an option to declare a home wiki somewhere (e.g.
so Anthere can put her home wiki as [[:foundation:]] if she desires), but
that could be optional. The reason I say it would be a good idea is that the
data is going to be collected anyways during the migration, and instead of
it being thrown out after SUL work is done, it could be put into some use by
perhaps adding a line of code or two. ;)

Titoxd.