[Foundation-l] Comparision of Polish Wikipedia and Polish edition of Larousse in Polish edition of Newsweek

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 02:14:58 UTC 2006

On 23/12/06, Tomek Polimerek Ganicz <polimerek at gmail.com> wrote:
> What is interesting, there is no claims that there
> are factual mistakes in Wikipedia, however the comparison points out
> that the consistency of text, amount and quality of pictures and ease of
> reading is much better in Larousse than in Wikipedia.

Well, these faults are very fixable and can easily be changed. Unlike
claims of factual accuracy, they do not come down to the fundamental
model in which we are working.

Still, with Commons available, I'm surprised "quality of pictures" was
a criticism. Wikimedia seems to have a wide range of high-quality
pictures at its disposal.

Could you explain what you mean by "consistency of text"? Consistency
in writing style?

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)