[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] English Wikipedia ethnocentric policy affects other communities

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 21:05:36 UTC 2006

On 12/21/06, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> There are those that have pointed out that practically all of the users
> will be respectable users from other language projects
[snip]

Why do we use speculation and paranoia rather than data?

I thought folks on this thread might find this list useful.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Gmaxwell/nonalphausers

Obviously it does not count users who were blocked before they could
"contribute".

It would also be fun to take Brion's automerge data and calculate the
distribution of projects the typical user edits on...