[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] English Wikipedia ethnocentric policy affects other communities

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 19:28:42 UTC 2006

On 12/21/06, Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I said above that brion had said the implementation
> details of SUL was not-negotiable.  I cannot find an
> email by him with the message I remember.  Perhaps
> someone else made that comment, or maybe my mind has
> just started making up email messages in my sleep.  I
> am sorry for the misquote there.
[snip]

Again, SUL and the practice of a language wiki blocking usernames
which are not comprehensible to speakers of that language are not
mutually exclusive.

Please don't invoke Brion to argue for you, he's able to make his own
arguments.

http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2006-December/012390.html