[Foundation-l] Automatic username transliteration for SUL

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 08:20:14 UTC 2006

I would like to say they even have no need to install fonts ... just
turning their "browser" language encoding setting from US-en or
Latin-1 (iso-8859-1) to UTC-8. Sometimes font installation is
necessary, but in most cases tuning browser setting is adequate, I
found it from my experience.

On 12/21/06, habj <sweetadelaide at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2006/12/21, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>:
>
> > Is this the Wikimedia
> > Foundation that allows people to edit its project anonymously ? Does
> > this whole idea not reek of bad faith ? How hard is it to have people
> > install fonts if they object to having to see ??????
>
> A minor point, but...
>
> What about the people who edit from computers on which they can not
> install software? Public computers, computers at work, the parents' or
> boyfriends' computer. Lots of people do this from time to time. Then
> we have people like me. I've tried a couple of times to get Japanese
> characters in my box simply because I think it would be cool but I
> have failed, maybe because my OS is old and stuff is not supported any
> more - maybe because I just did it wrong. (No info on how to do that
> in this thread, please. I promise you, the first three things you'll
> tell me I have already tried - and it does not belong on this list,
> anyhow.)
>

> /HB

KIZU Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org