[Foundation-l] English Wikipedia ethnocentric policy affects other communities

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 08:07:22 UTC 2006

Hello,
today a user on Japanese Wikipedia whose account is in Kana (a
Japanese script) came to our Admins' noticeboard to request for
chaning his username. He said he would have liked to do so because he
had changed his username on English Wikipedia.

I repeat again the English Wikipedia community should reconsider how
shameful and discriptive policy they has about users' identity and
respect of cultural diversity, and how badly it affects other
communities. I am very sorry to see such a request fullfiled to our
request page.

Cheers,
--
KIZU Naoko